- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 3.15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the annual conference of the Eastern Europe Studies Centre
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Uzbekistan
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius, as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, is attending the meeting of the European Council
Lithuania and the United Arab Emirates sign an agreement for economic and technical cooperation
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, who is visiting the United Arab Emirates as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, met with the UAE Minister of Economy, Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori and signed an agreement for economic and technical cooperation.
“This agreement is an important step in building a solid base for regular and more intensive relations between Lithuania and the United Arab Emirates,” said Linkevičius after signing of the agreement.
The Minister of Economy, Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori spoke at the opening of the Lithuania-UAE business forum in Dubai that attracted a lot of attention of local businesses. The UAE Minister of Economy has promised to visit Lithuania in the following year with a business delegation.
During the visit, the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy also met with the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Anwar Mohammed Gargash, and the Minister of Education, Dr. Ahmed Bahloul. The meeting discussed the security situation in both regions and opportunities for cooperation in the fight against terrorism, especially in the prevention of cyber threats. The UAE Minister of Education took a special interest in cooperation in high technology development.