- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
Linkevičius supported Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership
On 3 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Macedonia Nikola Dimitrov, who is visiting Lithuania. The two Foreign Ministers discussed the possibility of strengthening bilateral cooperation, Macedonia’s aspirations to EU and NATO membership, the situation in the Western Balkans, issues related to regional security and cooperation.
Linkevičius welcomed the new Macedonian government’s commitment to implement urgent reform priorities and to improve relations with its neighbours.
“I believe your efforts will bring about a positive outcome and that the country will take further steps towards its integration into the EU and NATO. You can rely on Lithuania’s support along this path,” said Linkevičius.
Macedonia has been an EU candidate country since 2005. In 2016, the European Commission expressed its readiness to recommend the opening of accession negotiations, if progress could be made and immediate reforms were implemented.