- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in bilateral political consultations between Lithuania and Cuba
- 2019-05-20 On 20 May at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministerial meeting
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers' meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a press conference on the margins of the Baltic-German Foreign Ministers‘ meeting in Hamburg
- 2019-05-21 On 21 May at 1.30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Ambassador of France Claire Lignières-Counathe
L. Linkevičius attends the Warsaw Ministerial on Peace and Security in the Middle East
On 13-14 February, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Ministerial to Promote a Future of Peace and Security in the Middle East in Warsaw. The event was held jointly by the United States and Poland.
During the Ministerial, participants discussed the crisis in the Middle East and its effects on the region’s civilian population, missile development and proliferation, cybersecurity, hybrid threats, emerging threats to the energy sector, as well as countering extremism and illicit finance.
“Countries comply with their international commitments, whether it be the Budapest Memorandum or the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. Recently, we saw that Russia rushes to break international treaties in hot pursuit of national interests and undermines key international norms. How can then Middle Eastern countries be motivated to undertake commitments that would actually be kept?”, said the Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius in a session on missile development and proliferation.
The Ministerial in Warsaw brought together high-ranking politicians from the U.S., the EU, Israel, Arab countries, and other regions of the world. After the event, Poland and the U.S. issued a joint statement on the Middle East peace process.
Photo: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland