- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Canadian Ambassador Kevin Rex
- 2018-11-22 On 22 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-22 On 22 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government sitting at the Seimas
First Lithuania-Saudi Arabia business forum agrees on the promotion of bilateral business relations
On 12 April, the first Lithuania-Saudi Arabia business forum took place in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. The participants signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at promoting bilateral business relations between the two countries.
The business forum was attended by the Secretary-General of the Council of Saudi Chambers, Dr Saud Al Meshari, representatives of food and agricultural products processing, renewable resources, timber and furniture, healthcare industries. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius greeted the participants of the first Lithuania-Saudi Arabia business forum.
Together with representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture of Lithuania, the State Food and Veterinary Service, a non-profit agency Enterprise Lithuania and members of the business delegation, Linkevičius was visiting Saudi Arabia at the invitation of the Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir.
The MoU was signed between the non-profit agency Enterprise Lithuania and the Council of Saudi Chambers. The MoU is expected to lead to further improvement of direct ties between businesses in both countries and to help prepare business missions.
During the visit to Riyadh, Linkevičius also held working meetings at the Saudi Ministry of Commerce and Investment and at the Saudi Food and Drug Authority. In the meetings at the Saudi Ministry of Commerce and Investment, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister assessed the potential for cooperation in different sectors, the role of economic organizations, and participation in international business fairs. At the Saudi Food and Drug Authority, Linkevičius discussed the possibility of issuing required certificates for the import of Lithuanian food product to Saudi Arabia.