- 2019-01-17 On 17 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an opening ceremony of an exhibition of photos of the Jewish Cemetery at the Vilnius Saulėtekis School
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the 5th Annual Nordic Conference
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 11:15 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Ambassador of Turkmenistan
- 2019-01-18 On 18 January at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with foreign ambassadors accredited to Lithuania
Due to Russia’s ongoing aggression against Ukraine, sanctions must stay in place, say Linkevičius and Volker
On 5 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the United States Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations, Ambassador Kurt Volker and discussed issues related to regional security, the importance of the implementation of the Minsk agreements, the UN peacekeepers in Donbass, and the future of Ukraine’s reforms.
The diplomats underlined that Russia’s ongoing aggression against Ukraine hindered peacebuilding and reconciliation efforts in Ukraine. In the meeting between Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and the Ambassador Volker, it was noted that as long as the Kremlin’s aggression continued and the Minsk agreements were not implemented, sanctions must stay in place.
Linkevičius and Volker discussed efforts to deploy the UN peacekeeping mission throughout the occupied Donbass. The U.S. Special Representative briefed the Minister about the ongoing talks with the Russian Presidential Aid Vladislav Surkov.
Considerable attention was also devoted to the Western support for Ukraine, as the country was implementing reforms in a complex war-torn context in eastern Ukraine.
“In 2014, Ukraine paid a high price for choosing democracy and its European path. It is important for the democratic world to be united and continue to consistently support Ukraine’s reforms aimed at boosting economic growth and combating corruption,” said Minister Linkevičius.